Thursday, February 9, 2012
Du Liebst Mich, Ich Liebe Dich Auch
Chip Lary at Tips from Chip recently gave me a Liebster Award, an award for notable blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I'm honored and probably not deserving, but hell, I'm a sucker for an award.
Accepting the award means spreading the love and giving it to five other people as well. So, I'm going to do that. Those I mention below are welcome to accept this award by putting the logo above on their blog somewhere and presenting the award to five other people who have fewer than 200 members of their blog.
So, thanks, Chip Lary, for putting my name on this. I'm going to offer up five more of these, steering in part away from film blogs so that my nominees have places of their own to go. If I didn't nominate you, it's not because I don't love you. Really. There are plenty of people I want to nominate, but I also don't want to get greedy.
In no particular order:
1. BigHominid's Hairy Chasms: I've known Kevin virtually for years. He's politically right of me by a country mile, but his writings are good and show careful and subtle thought. And, he's often really funny. Expand your mind.
2. A Taste of Ipecac: Politically to the left of me, Ip's writings are filled with a mixture of surprising common sense and outrage.
3. The Velvet Café: Jessica is thoughtful and patient with film, and is smart enough to give herself the room to be expansive on the films she writes about. This is a relatively new blog, but one of my favorites.
4. Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob: Nick, of course, is my podcasting partner. His blog is always entertaining, sometimes unexpected, and he offers legitimate modern perspective on a huge variety of films. Read and enjoy.
5. The Film Vituperatum: The home of the 1001 Films Blog Club, this site has become a clearinghouse of reviews of the films on The List, a sort of Rotten Tomatoes of important films.